The world we live in…..
6 Black Churches In The South Set On Fire In Southern States
The racist murders of nine Black members of the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston seem to have just opened up a pandoras box of arson attacks on Black churches in the South. So far there have been six arsons of Black churches. When will it end?
Glover Grove Baptist Church is nestled in a woody, quiet part of Warrenville, South Carolina, surrounded by trailer homes and old cars. The congregation is small, about 35 people according to local reports. You have to look hard online just to find a phone number or an address.
Hours before President Barack Obama spoke to a packed house in Charleston last Friday in another black church, delivering the eulogy for State Senator Clementa Pinckney, Glover Grove Baptist Church burned to the ground.
It is one of at least six black…
View original post 471 more words
Ciara And Boyfriend Russell Wilson Dinner At Madeos With Other Power Couples
Last night was a big deal for Ciara, who made a strong case for why she should be heir apparent to Janet Jackson. If we needed any other signs that Ciara is auditioning Russell Wilson for his next big role as her hubby look no further than her post BET Awards dinner at Madeo with her ball throwing boo thang and besties La La Anthony, Kelly Rowland and their hubbies at Madeo.
The couples really look like the epitome of every stage of black coupled up-dom, with Ci Ci and Russell filling the googly eyed newfound dating couple spot, Kelly Rowland and her hubby basking in their newlywed glory and La La and Melo looking like over a decade of love…
Hit the flip for more.
We love La La and Melo but this picture is pure…
View original post 2 more words
“20 THINGS YOU SHOULD DO EVERYDAY”
1. Wake up earlier. Not only does this improve productivity but it also gives you more time to make a good, hearty breakfast.
2. Make your bed. Let’s be real, being welcomed to a tidy bed after a long day at work/school (or a long day in general) is probably the best feeling anyone will ever experience.
3. If you want, spend a little more time on your appearance. Take some time choosing an outfit, applying make up or whatever. Do what helps you boost your confidence and self-esteem.
4. Stay hydrated, folks. Keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
5. Stretch everyday or start yoga (or do both, why not?)
6. Create a playlist consisting of songs that make you happy and listen to it. Listen to songs for the mood you want to be in, instead of the mood you are in.
7. Compliment at least one person per day. This could be an acquaintance, co-worker, class mate, stranger, whoever!
8. Use your manners. If someone holds the door for you, lets you go first etc, they did it voluntarily and didn’t have to do it, so a “thank you” wouldn’t hurt.
9. Eat your fruit and vegetables and always choose the healthy version over the junk food.
10. Have a good laugh. Catch up with friends, watch some ‘Parks and Recreation’, go see some stand-up comedy, reminisce about funny moments that have happened to you. You don’t need to be a doctor to know that humour has many benefits.
11. Be optimistic. Always look at the positives. There’s no point on focusing on the negatives because that isn’t going to help anyones mood at all.
12. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be anything to intense. A run around the block, a walk with your dog or even a ‘Just Dance’ session will do the job.
13.Bring a book/magazine or collect the daily newspaper with you. Spend you spare time reading.
14. Try and learn something new everyday. This can either be an interesting fact you saw online or a new skill someone taught you.
15. Help others when you are able to. Help your classmates with school work or offer to help you struggling neighbour lift those heavy objects.
16. Stop procrastinating. No matter how unmotivated you are to, push yourself and complete what you need to complete. Do what you gotta do. You know you’ll love yourself for doing it.
17. Drink some tea, because that stuff is goooooood (and also beneficial).
18.Make time to do things that help you relax, whether that’s painting, having baths, doing you nails or going for a run.
19. Don’t dwell on your mistakes, but instead grow and learn from them.
20. And lastly, be kind to yourself. If you love who you are, everyone else will”
If you’re anything like me you like to have a day planned out with the somethings to do to keep you busy throughout the day. for me this is important especially during the times when I’m winter or summer break and I’m trying to get used to only having to go to work for a few months leaving me with a lot of downtime. So, I’ve come up with some ways to stay busy in general along with somethings to do in Baltimore.
- One of the ways I keep busy is by planning. Since I’m a very strategic person I like to plan everything out. you can get up in the AM & map out your day or week (maybe months if you have to) this can help you become a little more organized and get better with managing your time and plans so that things don’t overlap.
- Another way, is to do some reading. Reading can be motivational, comforting, soothing and enlightening. It’s a good way to stay sharp and have some time to yourself. Reading is something that can be a great escape because it’s such an engaging thing to do so stop by the bookstore or visit the library one of these days
- Also, there is shopping who doesn’t love to shop?? Retail therapy is great especially when you can take advantage of some sales and shop for the upcoming season to save money. going to the store or online shopping is an easy way to stay busy for a bit maybe a couple hours lol
- Then, there’s blogging of course 🙂 Blogging is a great way to communicate with others with similar interests, express yourself and stay in the loop with things. It’s a sure way to keep you busy.
- Sightseeing is another yet adventurous way to stay busy you can visit some places in your city that you’ve never been to, take some pictures, eat somewhere new and try something new. This is great especially during the summer. In Baltimore, I’d recommend visiting Fed. Hill at night to get a great view of the city or going to Fells Point to try some new food or just to get a gelato
- Lastly, you can go to some events in your city. I posted a list of some events that are occurring this summer in Baltimore you can check it out here
By: S. Easley